Here's the summary of one-hour in-depth interview:
- Introduction about Harry's background, and the effectiveness of contrary thinking
- Is the government making things better?
- It's generational cycle of spending that is ending, and a cycle of saving beginning.
- Goes into much detail to explain how he conducts his forecasts (demographics and another indicators he uses) and why most other economists are wrong.
- The interviewer does a good job at asking HSDent to explain why he made a call for the Dow to reach 40,000 and why this forecast failed.
- Discusses past bubble, speculative behaviours
- Government's behaviour, their role in creating the bubbles and inflation
- His views on how to solve the crisis — write down the debt, deleverage. Along with some comments about what the government should do, but with which I do not agree as they are not based on free market principles.
- Why the Fed created bubble will pop and the markets crash
- Why we'll going to deflate, why deflation shouldn't hurt people, only creditors if they admitted they have to write down the debt.
- What will happen in the Eurozone with the current debt crisis: nothing will save Greece unless they write down the debt by at least 60%, no stimulus or bandaid will fix the problem.
- Doesn't like Treasuries, Silver, Gold (for the wrong reasons in my opinion).
- The healthcare and tax systems are so broken, they cannot be repaired, we need to start over from scratch.
- We'll have a major change in the next 10 years, almost as big as a new Constitution.
- We'll see the end of Keynesian economics (I would LOVE to see that happen).
I've read his books, and it's a great and cheap way to get access to all the HS Dent data, charts and understand their methodology. I would definitely recommend them.